Job Opportunites in Pleasantville, NY
August 24, 2016
The Jacob Burns Film Center, Media Arts Lab, is seeking a part time Finance Assistant that will report to the Controller. The Finance Assistant will be responsible for supporting the activities of the Finance Department.
· Serve as the primary paymaster for the organization.
· Participate in the monthly reconciliations of the organization’s accounts, as directed by the Controller.
· Prepare financial reports and presentations as directed by the Controller.
· Maintain accounts payable and payroll filing systems.
· Execute the physical day to day activities of the finance office, including ordering of supplies.
· Prepare reports and schedules for the annual audit as needed by the Controller. Provide onsite support to auditors during the annual audit.
Provide onsite support to JBFC staff as needed.
· Other duties as needed or required.
Knowledge of and 1+ years’ experience in computerized payroll systems required. Direct experience with Paychex and its modules (HR, TLO and Payroll Preview) a significant plus.
· Working knowledge of accounting software.
Direct experience with accounts.